Did you know that your adrenal hormones directly affect your other hormones? When your adrenal glands are overtaxed, your cortisol levels often tank or go into overdrive. This has downstream effects on your thyroid and your sex hormones. To balance your hormones, start with the adrenals!
This refreshing adrenal smoothie contains ingredients with the nutrients needed to support your adrenal glands, including:
- Vitamin B5 (avocado)
- Vitamin C (pineapple and lemon)
- Magnesium (spinach, basil, kale)
- Electrolytes (coconut water and sea salt)
- Collagen (because stress degrades collagen)
Lemon Basil Adrenal Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut water, unsweetened
- 1 scoop collagen powder
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp raw honey (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (or to taste)
- 2 cups spinach, or 1 cup kale plus 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 dash sea salt
- Ice cubes to make slushy (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Let flavors blend for 10 minutes.
- Coconut water has natural sugars, but read the ingredient list to make sure your coconut water doesn’t contain added sugars.
- Adding kale creates a slightly earthier flavor.