Treat your sweetheart to a healthy dairy-free chocolatey treat this Valentine’s Day! The tahini adds moistness and healthy fats to the brownies while the cacao adds richness and antioxidants. Who knew this rich delicious dessert could also be healthy?
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Liberally grease a 9-inch pie plate with melted coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cacao powder, almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, tahini, coconut sugar, water, and coconut oil.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into greased pie plate and spread it evenly along the bottom.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Make sure it’s fully baked by inserting a fork in the middle. It should come out clean.
- Garnish with fresh berries.
This is extra good with a small scoop of vanilla dairy-free ice-cream.