Getting tired of the same ol’ same ol’ for breakfast? Shake things up with this easy chia seed pudding recipe! It’s easy and delicious, and it won’t spike and crash your blood sugar like many traditional breakfast foods. That means you’ll have more energy throughout the day! It’s perfect for a midday snack too.
- 3 cups unsweetened plant-based milk (almond,coconut, oat)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Chopped nuts or seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Cacao nibs
- Almond or peanut butter
- Mix all the ingredients together. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, then stir again to evenly distribute the chia seeds.
- Pour the mixture into 3 one-cup jars or bowls. Jelly jars with lids work well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours to let the pudding thicken.
- Serve with any variety of toppings.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Add more chia seeds for a thicker pudding.
- Other possible add-ins include cacao powder, vanilla extract, or pumpkin pie spice.