This calming delicious tea with almond milk, turmeric and warming spices is perfect for winding down and getting sleepy. Almond milk contains sleep-promoting tryptophan, melatonin and magnesium. Turmeric is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, and is best absorbed when consumed with a healthy oil and the piperine found in black pepper.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp oil (coconut or almond are tastiest)
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger root, or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp raw honey (optional)
- Ground cardamom and ground cinnamon to taste
- Warm the almond milk, oil, turmeric, pepper and ginger in a pan on the stove. Let it simmer lightly for a few minutes. Transfer to a cup and stir in honey. Sprinkle with ground cardamon and cinnamon. Drink warm. 1-2 servings.