Broccoli is a high-powered player in the vegetable world. It is a cruciferous vegetable that contains anti-cancer, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds. It also supports the liver in its detoxification tasks. It doesn’t get any better than that!
This roasted broccoli side dish is a simple and flavorful way of getting your vegetables.
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (alternatively, oil the baking sheet).
- Combine garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Put broccoli in a large bowl. Pour extra virgin olive oil over the broccoli, coating it evenly.
- Sprinkle the spices on broccoli, stirring along the way to evenly distribute the spices.
- Put the broccoli on the parchment paper. Spread it evenly in a single layer.
- Roast broccoli at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Larger pieces will need more time and smaller pieces will needless time. Watch closely – you want it crisp and lightly browned, not burnt).
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve immediately.