It’s autumn and that means it’s pear season! What’s your favorite recipe with fresh pears? Here is a fancy (yet simple!) salad with juicy fresh pears and a delicious blend of flavors that is sure to please your palate.
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 3 medium ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 3/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 3/4 cup cubed cheese of choice such as Gouda, Havarti or white cheddar (optional)
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 small cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Layer mixed greens, pears, cherries, pecans and cheese in alarge bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad ingredients (to taste) and toss.
- Garnish with almonds and serve.