These delicious muffins are a great healthy breakfast or snack for kids and adults alike! Naturally sweetened by the bananas, there are no added sweeteners in this recipe. They are an excellent source of healthy fats, protein and antioxidants. Put one in your kid’s lunchbox for a sweet treat!
Chocolate Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup nut butter (e.g., almond, cashew, sunbutter)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine bananas, eggs, coconut oil and nut butter in the bowl of a food processor. Process until there are no longer any chunks of banana.
- Add coconut flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and salt. Process until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add blueberries and pulse a few times to combine.
- Line 12 muffin tin cups with cupcake liners. Alternatively, oil muffin tin cups well with coconut oil.
- Spoon batter into each cup until it’s 3/4 full. Bake for 23-27 minutes. Bake time will be longer if you use frozen blueberries. Muffins are done when an inserted fork or toothpick comes out clean.