This delicious and creamy soup is one of our Fall staples as it is so easy to make with only a few simple ingredients. It’s super comforting on a chilly day. This would also be perfect as an appetizer for Thanksgiving. Gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
Carrot Coconut Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 onion medium
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons ginger fresh, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups carrots sliced, 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup sweet potato 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 oz coconut milk canned, full-fat
- salt & white pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium soup pot. Chop onion and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add curry powder and turmeric and mix well with onions.
- Add broth, carrots and sweet potato and simmer on medium high heat until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Add coconut milk.
- Blend in batches making sure blender is not more than half full.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to soup pot and reheat.