This cauliflower rice recipe is so easy to make. It is also super quick if you opt for the pre-riced cauliflower that you can now purchase at most stores. Cauliflower is wonderful cruciferous vegetable that is naturally high in fiber and B-vitamins. It provides antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer. It also contains fiber to enhance weight loss and digestion, and is a good addition to a heart healthy diet.
Easy Cauliflower Rice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 cup celery finely diced
- 1 head cauliflower organic, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon herbs chopped, parsley, basil, cilantro or chives
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion over medium heat for 10 minutes, until soft.
- Add celery to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place cauliflower in a food processor with the "S" blade and process until the texture of rice (you can also buy fresh or frozen pre-riced cauliflower).
- Add cauliflower to skillet, cover and cook 5-10 minutes, until soft, then add salt.
- Add in fresh herbs of your choice (Italian parsley, basil, cilantro, chives)