These little holiday bites are a MUST at your next holiday soiree! They are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free and so easy to make. The cashew cranberry combo makes them pretty and festive. Wrap them up in a clear gift bag with pretty ribbon and they make a perfect homemade gift. They freeze really well, so we like to make a big batch.
Salted Cashew Cranberry Bites
- 1 cup raw cashews divided
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats divided
- 1/2 cup cranberries dried
- Place 3/4 cup of the cashews in a food process and process until nut butter forms, about 8 minutes.
- Scrape down sides of the food processor bowl, then add the maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt. Process until incorporated.
- Add 1 cup of the oats plus the remaining 1/4 cup cashews and dried cranberries. Pulse until well incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, then stir in the remaining 1/4 cup oats. (It's easier to just use your hands at this point).
- With slightly wet hands, roll dough into small balls (about 1 tablespoons worth) or use a small cookie scoop. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week. These freeze really well too.