I’m just a carefree, country girl at heart, trying to find balance in this crazy modern life.
I grew up on a farm in North Dakota, where we enjoyed the simple pleasures of life. Sure, we at the occasional Cheese Whiz, Spam and Keebler Fudge Stripe cookies, but in general meals were made with fresh, whole food: homemade bread, local beef and garden vegetables.
I maintained a pretty healthy lifestyle through college. But in my 30’s, adulthood struck. Relationships, career challenges and constant thoughts of Am I good enough? had me in a state of chronic stress.
I developed health issues that left me feeling fatigued, unmotivated, weighed down, bloated, and in constant stomach pain. If you met me back then, you would have seen a woman with horrible digestion, crazy mood swings and a muffin top that wouldn’t budge.
I was uncomfortable in my body, depressed, and unmotivated.
I couldn’t figure out why I felt so bad.
I desperately wanted to love my body and feel good in my clothes. I wanted to LIKE healthy foods as much as I liked a few of those processed convenience foods. I wanted the health, energy and drive to follow my passions and find the spark and creativity in my life again. Most of all, I wanted to feel alive and experience joy.
Can you relate?
Determined to regain my health and feel vibrant again, I trained at the Nutrition Therapy Institute (NTI), where my passion for food and healthy clean living exploded. Through my studies, along with plenty of dietary experimentation, research, and listening to my gut, I stopped comparing myself to others and became clear about what I needed.
Now, I can honestly say that I love life.
Who would have guessed that my 50’s would be my best years…and it’s only getting better!
My digestion, energy and outlook on life have blossomed, and I’m happy in my body to boot! Sure, I still have days when I struggle with my digestion and my energy dips, but now I have the insight and tools to get back on track.
My philosophy is about eating real food that makes you feel good without feeling deprived. It’s OK to not like kale, and your nutrition approach doesn’t have to be complicated. I believe small changes can make a big difference. I want you to learn what foods suit you best, and how you can maintain your health and still enjoy some of your favorite things (espresso, red wine and chocolate, for me). And not to feel guilty about it…EVER!
When we work together, we’ll take a look at all areas of your life and design a personalized program to set you up for long term success. I’ve been where you are—not feeling good or thriving. And I’ve got the professional training and tools to teach, inspire, motivate and guide you.
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your journey.
- Nutrition Therapy Institute, Denver, CO Certified Nutrition Therapist
- School of Healing Arts, SD, CA Holistic Health Practitioner & Licensed Massage Therapist
- North Dakota State University, B.S. Corporate Wellness
- Master Yoga Academy, SD, CA Yoga Instructor Certification
- Mastering the Thyroid by Dr. Datis Karrazian
- Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis by Dr. Datis Karrazian
- Functional Endocrinology by Dr. Datis Karrazian
- Understanding the Complexity of Gluten Sensitivity by Dr. Shane Steadman
- Breaking the Complex Web of Leaky Gut by Dr. Michael J. Pierce
- Neurotransmitters and Brain Health by Dr. Michael J. Pierce
- The Brain-Gut Axis & Clinical Applications by Dr. Shane Steadman
- Functional Bio-Analysis Module 1 by Dr. Scott Monk
- Teach the Hormone Cure with Sarah Gottfried